About the role
Our clients are motivated, joining Good Sammy with a range of employment goals. As a Disability Support Mentor, you will support our clients to achieve these goals.
Support may include assisting a person in a work environment while they are gaining job skills and experience, modelling appropriate work place behaviours and encouraging communication.
This is a truly rewarding role and one we hope you will consider.
- Transferable life skills and experience, applicable to our client needs
- Experience in supporting individuals to achieve their goals
- Understanding of the NDIS and other disability support services (desirable)
- Qualification in disability (desirable)
- Have good written and verbal skills
- Have access to the internet and appropriate technology to communicate and record journal notes
- Have the ability to work unsupervised and maintain strong professional boundaries and ethics
Worker screenings (essential)
- Have a current First Aid certificate
- Have a valid police check from the past 12 months
- Have a current Working With Children check
- Have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check or be willing to obtain one
- Have a reliable registered vehicle and a current drivers licence
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to work alongside and empower motivated people with disability to reach their maximum potential
- Generous NFP salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- Corporate discounts for banking and health insurance
- Staff discount at all Good Sammy stores
- Free, confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
How to apply
If you are interested in a rewarding career that gives back to those living with a disability and the local community then please apply!
Email your current resume, and a cover letter that addresses our Selection Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Sammy Enterprises is committed to providing an environment where people are safe, valued and heard. We strongly encourage applications from people with disabilities or lived experience, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Thank you in advance to everyone who takes the time to submit an application.