Good Sammy is an iconic social enterprise. We are incredibly proud of opportunities we create and the reach of this impact in the lives or our participants, the community, and the environment.
- Each day we are impacting lives by empowering individuals with choices and goals to explore life and live well.
- We are continually building our capability, to present more choices for our participants.
- With each participant who gains independence from our programs there is a flow on effect to their families, carers and community.
- Many of the employment opportunities with Good Sammy are part of the cycle redirecting goods from landfill and directly benefitting the environment.
- Our retail shops provide affordable, quality used goods to families in need.
Good Sammy Retail Stores
- Serve 1.2 million customers each year.
- Create employment for Western Australians living with disability as they collect, transport, sort, display, sell donations – developing their skills and participating in meaningful employment.
- Sold 4.77million donated items in the 2019 financial year, generating revenue to continue providing employment opportunities to Western Australian people living with disability.
Good Sammy Recycling Centre
The Good Sammy Recycling Centre in Canning Vale employs more than 120 people who are living with disability. Our team receives, processes, and distributes more than 6,000 tonnes of donated goods each year.
Through our recycling offering our clients participate in a variety of roles including transport and logistics, forklift driving, goods processing and handling, electrical testing and tagging, packaging and assembly, administration, and reception.