Good Sammy is a social enterprise focused on providing meaningful employment opportunities and pathways for Western Australians with disability. Everything we do is motivated by this purpose, and has been since we were founded in 1958.
Our vision is a better future for people with disability and we believe creating inclusive workplaces is the foundation for an inclusive society.
At Good Sammy we offer a variety of structured development programs and employment choices to encourage people living with a disability to explore life.
We empower people to make their own choices so they can identify their goals, feel connected to their community and be supported as they work towards independence and meaningful employment.
What we do
- At Good Sammy we currently employ more than 265 supported staff in a variety of roles.
- Our 26 op shops, located from Albany to Geraldton, are the public face of our organisation and allow Supported Employees to explore opportunities in the retail industry, as well as process the generous donations we receive from the community.
- We reduce waste and help the environment by recycling 6 million kg of used goods each year and as an official collection organisation for the Containers for Change program.
- Our Good Sammy Academy provides structured learning and work experience opportunities through it's contemporary programs. We have drawn on more than 60 years' experience to bring you the most innovative learning and development opportunities on the market. Our programs help Participants to build skills and confidence, and ultimately make them more 'employABLE'.
- Our strong relationships with our employer partners allow us to connect our Participants with mainstream employers. By providing support to both the employer and the employee, we set them up for ongoing success.
- Our business services provide warehousing and logistics, packaging and assembly, and mailing services to the WA business community, while providing employment in a safe and structured environment.
- We provide support and advice to families seeking help with the NDIS and ways to maximise their funding.
Why choose us?
Our clients and their family, carers and friends choose Good Sammy because we are a well-known and trusted WA brand.
We are focused on providing meaningful employment opportunities and pathways for people with disability. We’ve been around since 1958, which means we are stable, committed and we are here for you for as long as you need it.
As a registered NDIS provider, we deliver quality personalised services that help achieve individualised outcomes. Importantly for families, we believe in providing options. Participants can join our programs with any level of experience or skills – we understand the hardest part is sometimes working out where to begin.
Good Sammy works with Participants to build confidence, independence and skills to participate in work and life. With these foundations, we continue to support you by providing opportunities as you move towards your employment goals.
Our team choose us because they align with our vision and want to make a difference - both in the lives of Western Australians with disability and to reduce waste and protect the environment.
Our corporate and funding partners choose us because we are well-known, we are Western Australian and because they are inspired to join us in supporting local people with disabilities. Our trusted reputation and commitment to the WA community make Good Sammy a reliable partner for businesses wanting to work sustainably and give back to their community.