Good Sammy is a Western Australian not for profit founded in 1958 offering meaningful employment opportunities for West Australians living with disability. Everything we do across our organisation is motivated by this purpose.
At Good Sammy we present options and offer choices to encourage people with disability to explore life. By presenting a hand-up, rather than a hand-out, our participants can identify their goals, feel connected to their community, and be supported as they work towards independence. Our values reflect our aspirations and underpin everything we do.
What we do
- At Good Sammy we currently employ over 265 supported staff in a variety of roles.
- Our 27 op shops located from Albany to Geraldton are the public face of our organisation and allow supported employees to explore opportunities in the retail industry, as well as process the generous donations we receive from the community.
- We reduce waste and help the environment by recycling 6 million kg of used goods each year and as an official collection organisation for the Containers for Change program.
- Our Good Sammy Options Team currently provide over 160 one-on-one mentorships and group activities developing life skills, building confidence, and creating pathways for employment.
- Our business services provide warehousing and logistics, packaging and assembly, and mailing services to the WA business community, while providing employment in a safe and structured environment.
- We provide support and advice to families seeking help with the NDIS and ways to maximise their funding.
Why choose us?
Our clients and their family, carers and friends choose Good Sammy because we are a well-known and trusted WA brand. As a registered NDIS provider, we deliver quality personalised services that help achieve individualised outcomes. Importantly for families, we believe in providing options. Participants can join our programs with any level of experience or skills – we understand the hardest part is sometimes working out where to begin.
Good Sammy works with participants to build confidence, independence, and skills to participate in work and life. With these foundations, we continue to support you by providing opportunities as you move towards your employment goals.
Our team choose us because they align with our vision and want to make a difference - both in the lives of West Australians living with disability and to reducing waste and protecting the environment.
Our corporate and funding partners choose us because we are well-known, we are West Australian and because they are inspired to join us in supporting local people with disabilities. Our trusted reputation and commitment to the WA community make Good Sammy a reliable partner for businesses wanting to work sustainably and give back to their community.