Everyone wants an inclusive and sustainable community.
When you choose Good Sammy, you are making a difference. To both the environment by supporting a circular economy, and to the many Western Australians living with a disability who want to achieve their employment goals.
If you are ready to make a difference in your community, here are some ways to start:
Shop at your local Good Sammy store.
When you shop in-store or online, you shop with purpose. You make a difference to the environment by shopping for quality pre-loved goods and create employment opportunities for people with disability as they build and practice retail skills.
Volunteer with us.
Consider volunteering either in one of our op shops or within our various departments. There are many extra benefits to donating your time and skills to Good Sammy. Most importantly, you make a difference by giving back to the community and supporting people with disability on their journey to employment. To find out more, contact our volunteer team.
Donate your quality goods to our cause.
You can gift us donations directly to our op shops during opening hours, or via our community collection points. We also offer free home collections for large donations and furniture. The revenue raised through the sale of donated goods funds the work we do to make a difference to Western Australians with disability.
Donate your containers to us.
Choose to donate your Containers for Change to a good cause – when you choose Good Sammy, this means creating training and job opportunities for people with disability. All you need to do is bag them up and drop them off at your local authorised refund point, nominate Good Sammy (ID: C10275962) and we’ll take care of the rest.
Gift us a monetary donation.
Good Sammy gratefully accepts community and corporate financial donations, which assist us to deliver our mission.
Every dollar donated to Good Sammy goes directly towards creating employment opportunities for Western Australians with disability.
Consider using our social enterprises for your business.
Through our large network of social enterprises, Good Sammy is able to offer a broad range of jobs and work experience placements for people of all abilities, and service the needs of the wider WA business community. We help businesses with:
Become a Disability Support Mentor.
If you are interested in a rewarding career that makes a difference to those living with a disability and the local community, then apply to work with us as a mentor.
Become an Employer Partner.
If you’re an organisation looking to break the stigma and support an inclusive workplace, call 9463 0500 today. By creating options for people with disability to gain valuable work experience and find employment, you are making a difference.
How we make a difference
At Good Sammy, we make positive impact in the community every day through our many social enterprises.
- We make a difference to the lives of people living with disability by providing employment options. We support them to build the skills they need for independence, to help make a connection to their community, and to find purpose and employment.
- We make a difference to the environment by recycling and repurposing goods that would normally end up in landfill.
- Our team make a difference because no matter the role, we know every action works towards creating even more employment opportunities for people with disability.
- Our volunteers make a difference by giving back to the community.
- Our op shops make a difference because they contribute to a circular economy, provide jobs for people with disability and act as training grounds for people of all abilities to develop fundamental retail skills.
- Our education programs make a difference as we engage and empower young people to consider their social impact.
- We make a difference to our customers, by providing good quality goods at affordable prices.