We are proud to provide 22 authorised refund points for the Containers for Change scheme.
In our state alone, we use more than 1.3 billion eligible drink containers each year – enough drink containers to line a path from Perth to Broome. With this in mind, Good Sammy is pleased to be a part of a scheme that:
- reduces litter and landfill
- increases recycling
- creates jobs and engage people living with disability, and
- provides opportunities for social enterprise and benefits for community organisations.
Container recycling scheme
WA’s Containers for Change rolled out in October 2020, mimicking the container refund scheme operating with great success in South Australia for more than 40 years. Under WA’s scheme, eligible drink containers may be returned to an approved container refund point and receive a 10-cent refund.
The Containers for Change program has allowed Good Sammy to grow its recycling social enterprise, with jobs available in recycling, warehousing, administration, retail and more. To register for a member number please visit Containers for Change.
Good Sammy – the Super Collector
Good Sammy has 22 convenient locations where collectors can deliver containers and organise their refund.
Collecting your refund
Individuals, charities, community groups, clubs and school P&Cs must register to be a part of the Containers for Change program. A member number can be obtained by registering via the Containers for Change website, closer to scheme commencement in mid-2020.
With this member number customers can:
- receive their 10-cent eligible container refund via EFT through their member number
- elect to donate their refund to their chosen registered charity, school or community organisation using that organisation’s member number, or
- advertise their member number to drive donations and help strengthen their fundraising efforts.
What kind of containers can I recycle?
Donate your containers at any of our Good Sammy stores
If you’d like to donate your eligible containers to a good cause, please donate them to us! By doing so, you are helping us create employment opportunities for people with a disability.
All you need to do is bag them up and drop them off at the counter and we’ll take care of the rest.
We can beat it if we don't feed it!
Every 10c container returned to a refund point gets another chance to live its potential, again and again.
Don't feed the fill.